Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Popular opinion and reviews suck!

Well I found out that some of my friends aren't reading my blog. I do have to say that I am kind of surprised but at the same time I was given a pretty good reason.

"I am not following your blog about your book.  I want it to be a total surprise when I read it.  (I never even read the reviews on books before I read them.) "

Now, thinking about this a little bit more I realize that popular opinion isn't always the best thing, or even unpopular opinion. Take movies for example. Every time some damn movie critic says that they absolutely HATE a movie, I usually take that as my cue that I might actually enjoy this film. Sometimes, I find they're right and it does suck, but that's usually a rare thing.

The big thing here is if you like something, then THAT'S what matters and screw everyone else's opinion. If you don't like my writing, that's perfectly fine as well. This may also explain why I never was able to pick up an agent. They remind me of reviewers. Perhaps all those rejections were a great thing...

1 comment:

  1. That is a pretty good reason not to read it... ^_^

    On the other hand, I'm different. I don't mind ruining the surprise a bit; I will re-read a book or story or RP that I like over and over and laugh at the same part each time. ^__^

    ReplyDelete